HeatherLire

Heather Lire's Reading Life

Heather has traveled all over the world, speaks multiple languages, collects romance books like they’re going out of style, and has multiple book boyfriends. Ok, she hasn’t been all over the world, except in her mind. She does however speak multiple languages and collect romance books. Her long suffering husband and sons roll their eyes at all her book boyfriends. When she’s not busy traveling the world in her mind she can be found at one of her sons many sporting events and on twitter, where she talks about what else romance books. She loves to hear what you think about her stories so please drop her a note and tell her.... oh wait that's my author bio. I'm really just a giant book nerd. I'm always reading.
Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10) - Nalini Singh Once again Nalini shows us that she is a master storyteller. in her latest installment of the Psy/Changeling series she once again sweeps us into the world of Changelings/Psy and Human making us feel like this world is completely real, and we know these characters personally. This series gets better and better with each book. When there is a lot of build up for a specific story (think Acheron from Sherrilyn Kenyon), the readers get invested and we have our vision of what we want to happen. Sometimes we like it and sometimes we don’t. I for one think that this is the perfect story for these two, and it lives up to all the expectations I had of this book.

From the moment we meet Hawke we have wanted to know his back story. When did he become the Alpha, what was this tragedy that happened when he and Riley were teen-agers that caused them to become orphans. Why and how did his mate died as a child. All of those questions are answered and the impact that they had on him.

From the moment that he first meets Sienna as a defiant teen-ager protecting her brother and cousin he knows that there is something about her that will change everything, what he wasn’t sure. As he watches her blossom into a woman he is torn, he wants her so much his teeth hurt,and everyone is telling him to back off. Then suddenly he is told okay to not waste any more time. It is enough to make a wolf crazy.

The moment that she dropped out of the net and met Hawke’s eyes as a teenager she broke silence. She knew that he was hers. What she didn’t expect was what took place between that moment and now.

One of the things that I liked about this book was the it explained so much of the behavior and attitude of these two people from the time that we met them. We discover the real reason behind the Lauren family’s rehabilitation order, why Sienna bitched so much about her training with Indigo, and why she chaffed at the way people treated her, especially Hawke.

There is also the story of Walker and Lara. Walker has been the defacto head of the Lauren Family. His back story explains so much about this family and why they are all the way that they are. It also explains a lot about what he did in the Net and how that will impact the coming war.

Lara the healer of SnowDancer is a really great character, and we get to see a bit about what she is like, not a lot which I am really okay with, but others might want more. I found her to be the perfect match for Walker.

The war against the PSY also heats up, and Hawke has to let Sienna do what she was trained to do, which goes against everything in him, to let his woman go into battle. He also discovers just what the X designation is and how deadly it can be especially to Sienna.

There is a lot in this book. Questions are answered, and more questions come up. Sasha and Lucas have their baby (not going to say what it is, but one of my favorite scenes is when Hawke meets the baby). We see more of the Arrows, sadly not the Arrow that I wanted to see but we discover just where their loyalties may lie.

This book was everything that I could have hoped for and more. I was left completely satisfied with every aspect of it. If you are a fan of this series then you won’t be disappointed, I know I wasn’t. In fact since I received my copy I have read it twice.

Grade A

Review also posted on blog wwww.thebookreadinggals.com